Sometimes, you need to get rid of those additional email accounts that you no longer use. Another reason why one needs to delete an email account is that he is switching to another email service provider. The same happens with an AOL account user as he also might need to delete the AOL account.
If you are using a free AOL account, then the deleting process for the same is easy. On the other hand, if you are deleting a paid account, then you may need to complete some essential steps. The user needs to clear all the pending payments, cancel any active subscriptions, or paid plans. Also, there are other things that need to be taken care of if you wish to delete your AOL account permanently. So, let’s find out how to do that.
Guidelines to delete an AOL account
If you wish to delete your AOL account that you no longer use, then you may use the following guidelines to do so:
- Begin by navigating to https://aol.mydashboard.oath.com/delete-my-account page.
- Here, login to the AOL account that you need to close/delete.
- Once you complete the AOL mail sign-in process, read the given info.
- Then, click on the ‘continue delete my account’ option.
- Next up, enter your email address and select ‘yes, terminate this account’.
- On the next screen, tap on the ‘Ok Got It’ button.
With this, the account termination or deletion process comes to an end. In case you wish to reactivate your account, then go to myaccount.aol.com account management page. Here, choose the desired topic for further information on it.
Steps to delete AOL account from iPhone/Mac
Some users have a query that “ how do I delete my AOL account permanently from iPhone and mac”. Those users can follow the steps to do so in the next section:
- From the home screen of your iPhone, select the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Manage Account’s section.
- Further, click on the ‘Edit’ option.
- Locate the entry of your AOL account.
- Select the ‘Remove’ option present next to it.
- Select ‘Done’ in the end.
This is how you remove an account from your iOS device.
You may also like to know
Can I delete my AOL email account?
Yes, you can delete your AOL account that you do not use anymore. It can be easily deleted by navigating to the https://aol.mydashboard.oath.com/delete-my-account page and following some easy steps.
What happens if I delete my AOL account?
In case a user deletes his AOL account, then he would no longer be able to access any of the services attached to his account. Also, he won’t be able to view or read his emails or gain access to any other information stored on it.
Are AOL email accounts still active?
Some reports suggest that people are still actively using AOL email accounts as it is an email service providing a platform like all the others. They still cannot get over it and that is the reason why a number of people still use it.
How do I delete thousands of emails on AOL?
To delete multiple emails from your AOL account, first, you need to log in to your account. After that, press and hold the ‘Ctrl’ key on your keyboard and keep selecting the emails you wish to delete while holding the key. Then, click on the delete option followed by ‘Ok’.