Irritated of those annoying emails? Well, anyone can if the email he is receiving from an unknown sender or contains somethings awful. Those repeated emails from such senders can be easily blocked by using the spam filter of your AOL account. Moreover, you can block all the emails from the contacts that are not in your list.
In case you are an old AOL user then you must be knowing the fact that AOL blocks the spam messages automatically so that users don’t have trouble themselves for blocking those emails. However, if you still feel the need to block those emails at your own, then you may do so by using the instructions given below.
Instructions to block emails on AOL
You can easily mark those unwanted emails by using the spam feature. If you apply this feature on your account, the specified emails will go directly to the spam folder instead of your inbox.
Method 1: Mark as spam
- Log in to your AOL account in the beginning.
- Now select the mails you wish to redirect to the spam folder.
- Once you have chosen the emails, select ‘Spam’ available at the top.
Other than applying AOL spam filter settings, you may also add some contacts to the blocked contacts list.
Method 2: block contacts
- First, log in to your account and move to the section where AOL is written.
- Then, select ‘Options’ present below your username.
- After that, go to ‘Mail Settings’ and select ‘Block Sender’s tab’.
- In the given space, enter the email address of that contact you wish to block.
- Now, click on the ‘+’ icon followed by ‘Save settings’.
Steps to block emails from unsaved contacts
To block emails on AOL from the users other than listed in your contact, follow the steps given below:
- After completing the AOL mail sign in procedure, click on ‘Options’. This option is present below your username.
- Now, select the option reading as ‘Block Sender’s tab’.
- Next, tick-mark the box next to “Only accept mail from people in your contacts.”
- Finally, click on the option reading as ‘Save settings’.
This is how you can get rid of the unwanted emails on AOL.
When you block someone on AOL email do they know?
If a user is an AOL member, then he may get to know that you have blocked him. If the senders who are using other emailing platforms might not know that you have blocked them.
How do I block emails on AOL on iPhone?
Be it iPhone 6, 7, or any other model of iPhone, you may easily block mails from specified contacts. For this, open the AOL mail app on your iPhone, choose the desired contact/mail, and then click on the ‘Menu’ icon. Next, select ‘Mark as spam’.
How do I stop spam emails permanently?
There are certain measures you can take to stop receiving spam emails other than marking them spam. Make sure you do not open it or click on the link present in it when it reaches your inbox. Do not click ln the ‘Unsubscribe’ option and leave that email untouched.